What is Digital Dental Artistry?
Digital dental artistry combines digital technology and cosmetic dental artistry:
- Digital Dentistry – Digital technology currently available to progressive dentists.
- Cosmetic Dental Artistry – Artistry that Jim Somers and the Image Dental Arts technicians have been providing since 2003.
Some dental labs provide digital services. Some others provide cosmetic artistry with the dental restorations they make.
Image Dental Arts does both.
Digital Dentistry in a Partnership with Image Dental Arts is as Simple as:
YOU SCAN -> WE DESIGN -> WE MILL -> WE DELIVER
With Digital Dental Artistry, Dentists Can:
- Provide patients with a more comfortable and shorter treatment time.
- Offer one day crowns
- Have greater impression accuracy – With correct scanning, digital impressions can be more accurate than traditional impressions, which are subject to a greater chance of human and material error. The digital method minimizes errors which could compromise the accuracy of fit of the final restoration.
- Save on impression materials and trays.
All Work is Done In House
We are one of the small minority of dental labs in the United States that have in-house digital technology and equipment, including:
- Multiple digital scanners
- Milling machines
- Sintering/pressing furnaces
All of the digital work is performed in house and onsite at our dental lab. No outsourcing is needed. By handling everything in house, we monitor the dental restoration work from design to delivery.
In order to be a resource to you, our clients, we place a high priority on continued education and training. Along with in house training, our technicians regularly attend conferences and seminars to stay informed about dental technology and trends. This allows us to assist dentists in providing the highest quality and profitable services to their patients.
What Dental Restorations Can Be Made With Digital?
The dental restorations that can be made with digital technology are versatile. The ones we provide include:
- Crown & Bridge
Materials We Use With Digital Dental Restorations:
- Bruxzir Solid Zirconia
Digital Services Available:
Outside of dental restorations, we provide diagnostic services (such as Smiles by Image) that assist you in showing patients how their smile will look after the restoration.
Restoration Design – If you have a milling unit in at your practice, you can send the scan to us, we’ll design it, send it back to you and you can mill it. This is one way you can do a same day crown.
YOU SCAN -> WE DESIGN -> YOU MILL
Let Us Be a Resource to You
You may have more questions like:
- Is digital dental artistry right for my practice?
- What is really involved in getting started? How easy or difficult is it?
- Can you help our practice get set up with the necessary technology?
As we’ve learned more and been providing digital, we’ve discovered that it’s not as difficult as some dentists think. Many practices find that with a little education, providing some services to their patients becomes easier.
If you’d like to learn more about if digital technology might be a good fit for your practice, we’d like to be a resource to you. Let us know you’d like to speak by calling us at 260-496-8800 or filling out the form on this page.