Full or Partial Dentures:
Dentures can benefit patients in a number of ways:
- Chewing – the ability to chew is improved by replacing edentulous areas with denture teeth.
- Aesthetics – the presence of teeth provide a natural facial appearance, and wearing a denture to replace missing teeth provides support for the lips and cheeks and corrects the collapsed appearance that occurs after losing teeth.
- Phonetics – by replacing missing teeth, especially the anterior, patients are better able to speak.
- Self esteem – patients feel better about themselves.
Image Dental Arts uses the highest quality materials and can characterize your patient’s denture to your specifications. We also fabricate “healing” dentures. We are able to fabricate both chrome cobalt frameworks in addition to acrylic partials and flippers.
Biocompatible Valplast removable partial dentures offer unique physical and esthetic properties. The Valplast appliance provides lifelike esthetics, flawlessly blending with the patient’s natural tissue and surrounding dentition. The Valplast injection process provides ideal adaptation to both hard and soft tissues. (Image by Valplast, via Wikimedia Commons)
Some of the many benefits of flexible partials include:
- The ideal degree of flexibility
- Non-invasive treatment
- Biocompatible – ideal for patients that are allergic to acrylic monomer
- Low water absorption – the partial will not warp or become brittle
- Can be used in combination with metal framework or precision attachments
- Natural hue allows appliance to simulate real gums and teeth more organically
- Unsightly metal clasps are gone. Tissue colored clasps that blend with natural dentition are used.
The lightweight, durable nylon-based material used means that dentists can create a thinner and more comfortable denture than conventional acrylic dentures. The awkward bulkiness that makes most denture wearers uncomfortable is gone.
EMA Sleep Appliance:
The EMA® (Elastic Mandibular Advancement) oral appliance is a customized removable appliance created for the noninvasive treatment of snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnea. EMA works by opening the bite and gently advancing the mandible with elastic straps to increase airway space to allow for less restricted airflow during sleep.
The appliance is designed to advance the lower jaw (mandible) and open the bite to allow for less restricted airflow during sleep. EMA appliances help promote a deeper, more restful sleep by preventing snoring and relieving the symptoms of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). The EMA does not interfere with breathing through the mouth, even in cases of congested nasal passages. The EMA has many options for patient advancement with five strap lengths and four different elastic tension options. Non-restricted side-to- side (lateral) or front-to-back (protrusive) movements of the jaw are possible while wearing the appliance due to varying elastic bands.
TMJ Appliances – Nightguards:
Occlusal splints (also called bite splints, bite planes, or night guards) are removable dental appliances carefully molded to fit the upper or lower arches of teeth. They are used to protect tooth and restoration surfaces, manage mandibular (jaw) dysfunction, and stabilize occlusion or create space prior to restoration procedures. People prone to nocturnal bruxism, or nighttime clenching, should routinely wear occlusal splints at night. We fabricate soft vinyl and hard acrylic nightguards. We also fabricate sports mouthguards.
Bite splints can make a world of difference for your bruxing and grinding patients, alleviating pain and preventing destruction of existing healthy dentition. The Astron CLEARsplint™ is a hard nightguard fabricated from a modified composite material that is custom made to your prescribed bite plane. For daytime grinders, an Astron CLEARsplint day guard offers patients relief.
Brain Pad Protective Solutions:
Dual-thermoplastic design for hard-hitting competitors. Protect the athlete in your family in the coming sports season!